Wayne Meriwether is Strativa’s Practice Director for IT Service Management. He has over 30 years of experience in the analysis, design, implementation, and management of IT infrastructure. His forte is the analysis and evaluation of IT service delivery and support processes, including onshore and offshore outsourcing, multi-sourcing, and IT task optimization.
Wayne has successfully conducted consulting engagements throughout the United States and Europe, assisting clients with IT operations effectiveness studies, IT due diligence, data center consolidations and relocations, software portfolio inventories, disaster recovery planning, and outsourcing assessments.
Some of Wayne’s notable client engagements include:
- An IT infrastructure and IT staff assessment for an organization providing state-wide crisis response call-center services.
- An IT technical due diligence for a private equity firm targeting acquisition of a CRM software provider.
- Planned and executed the a large data center migration to a new outsourcing service provider for one of the world’s most well-known entertainment companies.
- Designed and implemented an IT service catalog for a major US publishing entity, which the client used to generate the next year’s operating plan to plan the divestiture of one of its major business units.
- Consolidated four data centers for another well-known entertainment industry giant into one new, state-of-the-art facility.
- Managed the IT-specific construction details for a new 21,000 square foot Los Angeles office for a UK-based global entertainment company.
- Prepared disaster recovery and business continuity plans for a California winery and a business process outsourcing firm in the healthcare industry.
- Conducted a number of IT due diligence studies, including one for an engineering services firm seeking aggressive growth over the next decade, two professional services firms contracting to the US federal government, and a NY-based holding company where Strativa had previously provided business and IT consulting services for two of this firm’s portfolio companies.
While with the Universal Music Group, Wayne was the executive responsible for Universal Music Group’s global infrastructure services organization. Universal Music Group is the world’s largest music entertainment company with offices in 72 countries.
Wayne is a graduate of the University of West Florida. He is a Certified Outsourcing Professional with the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP). He is ITIL-certified. He is also a member of the Data Center User’s Group and a member of the Help Desk Institute.
In addition to his work at Strativa, Wayne is also a research analyst for Computer Economics, our sister IT research firm, where he authors research reports on IT outsourcing, IT service management (ITSM), and business continuity planning.