Frank Scavo is Strativa’s President. With over 30 years of experience, he has led business strategy, IT strategy, and business improvement projects for organizations in a broad range of industries, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, foods, consumer products, wholesale and retail distribution, high tech electronics, commercial real estate, and information services. He is especially skilled at formulating business strategy, developing IT strategy, and evaluating alternative technologies and solutions for enterprise-wide systems. Frank is a accomplished public speaker and skilled at group facilitation.
Some of Frank’s notable client engagements include:
- A series of projects for a large medical device manufacturer, including an IT strategic roadmap for the firm’s services business, an assessment of the firm’s device labeling processes, and a CRM system selection.
- A business strategy roadmap for one of the nation’s largest health insurance providers.
- For a private equity investor, a competitive evaluation of a fast-growing professional services firm in the data analytics market.
- An HCM and financial management systems selection for a $1B+ medical office management services firm.
- A business strategy and IT strategy for a $2B distributor in the metals industry.
- An IT strategic planning workshop and IT spending benchmark for one of Europe’s most well-known luxury brands.
- An IT strategic roadmap for a large international commercial real estate firm.
- An ERP and product data management system selection for one of the competitors in the emerging private market for commercial space flight.
- Development of a custom 7-week workshop on critical thinking and problem-solving for an industry leader in dental products and services.
- A supply chain planning process improvement and SCM system selection for a high tech manufacturer in the RFID industry.
- An ERP selection for a high tech manufacturer of industrial environmental monitoring systems.
- An IT strategic plan for replacement of a legacy ERP system in a California state-wide network of 30+ manufacturing plan, including establishment of an ERP Center of Excellence.
- A strategic IT assessment and ERP selection for a franchiser of advertising services.
Prior to co-founding Strativa in 2000, Frank Scavo built a successful management consulting practice for a Southern California technology consulting firm. Before that he held a number of consulting and IT management positions in the manufacturing, retail, and information services sectors.
Frank Scavo holds a BA in Geology from the University of Pennsylvania, with graduate coursework in Computer Science at Penn and the University of California, Irvine. He is a Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management (CFPIM) by the Association of Supply Chain Management (ASCM, formerly APICS). He is a GLG Scholar for the Gerson-Lehrman Group, an investment advisory firm. He is the co-author of an industry guidance document on the Validation of Software for Regulated Processes (AAMI TIR36:2007).
Frank Scavo is also the President of Computer Economics, our sister IT research and advisory firm, where he authors industry research on technology trends, customer experience, and IT management best practices. He is also a frequent speaker on these subjects at industry conferences.