Dee Long is Strativa’s Practice Director for Change Management, with extensive experience in IT strategy, software vendor evaluation, business process improvement, organizational change management, and team building. She has a broad base of knowledge and experience in operations and accounting, human capital management, supply chain management, and customer-facing processes.
In her consulting work, she has led or participated in a variety of projects for IT strategy, system selection, business process improvement, and leadership development. Her work spans multiple industries, including manufacturing, distribution, life sciences, business services, and the non-profit sector.
Some of Dee’s notable engagements include the following:
- An organizational change management assessment for an HCM and financial management system selection for a $1B+ medical management services firm.
- An IT strategic plan for replacement of a legacy ERP system in a California state-wide network of 30+ manufacturing plants, including establishment of an ERP Center of Excellence.
- Development and delivery of a custom 7-week workshop on critical thinking and problem-solving for an industry leader in dental products and services.
- Developed and facilitated an organizational change management program for a finance and sales management system implementation of a non-profit organization specializing in governmental contracting. She also led the preliminary effort to define requirements and select the software vendor for the new system.
- Facilitated a six-month leadership development program for the entire executive staff and management team of a well-known sports equipment brand.
- Led an IT strategy and ERP/supply chain system assessment for a plastics manufacturer serving the food services industry, including on-site assessment of business processes and system requirements in the U.S., Europe, and China.
- A legacy system replacement strategy and best-of-breed system selection for a business process outsourcing provider in the print and literature fulfillment industry.
- Selection of a new ERP system to support a new worldwide distribution model of a charitable organization serving the needs of the disabled.
- Business process redesign for implementation of a new ERP system in a division of one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- IT strategy, system remediation, and business process improvement initiatives for a manufacturer of human-tissue-based medical products.
Prior to Strativa, Dee had a 20+ year career as a business and IT consultant and leadership development professional. Prior to her consulting career, she held a series of IT and accounting positions in industry.
Dee holds a BS in Business Administration from Cal State University, Northridge, with an option in Accounting Theory and Practice and minor focus in Computer Science. She is Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) by APICS—the association for supply chain management. She is Certified DiSC Facilitator from Inscape Publishing, and a Certified Master Trainer/Coach from Future Achievement International (Personal Leadership Effectiveness). She is also a Certified Prosci Change Management Practitioner.
In addition to her consulting work at Strativa, Dee also authors reports for our sister IT research firm, Computer Economics.