Wayne Meriwether is Strativa’s Practice Director for IT Service Management. He has over 30 years of experience in the analysis, design, implementation, and management of IT infrastructure. His forte is the analysis and evaluation of IT service delivery and support processes, including onshore and offshore outsourcing, multi-sourcing, and IT task optimization.
Wayne has successfully conducted consulting engagements throughout the United States and Europe, assisting clients with IT operations effectiveness studies, transition management, data center consolidations and relocations, software portfolio inventories, disaster recovery planning, and outsourcing assessments and transitions.
Some of Wayne’s notable client engagements include:
- Planned and executed the migration of The Walt Disney Company’s Studio Group to a new service provider and data center.
- Designed and implemented an IT service catalog for a major US publishing entity, which the client used to generate the next year’s operating plan to plan the divestiture of one of its major business units. The service catalog now permits publishing executives to manage the services and applications their divisions use, including the cost of services.
- Consolidated four data centers for Fox Entertainment into one new, state-of-the-art facility, resulting in a 2000+ server migration, with the project completed on time and under budget.
- Managed the IT-specific construction details for a new 21,000 square foot Los Angeles office for a UK-based global entertainment company. This state-of-the-art facility included a Cisco TelePresence conference center, an iPad-based programmable audio-video system with 40+ large-screen television monitors, servers for local applications, digital switching for 900+ CAT-6 VoIP, and Apple workstations. Completed the 90-day build-out schedule, with the new office opening for business on time.
- Prepared disaster recovery and business continuity plans for a California winery and a business process outsourcing firm in the healthcare industry.
While with the Universal Music Group, Wayne was the executive responsible for Universal Music Group’s global infrastructure services organization. Universal Music Group is the world’s largest music entertainment company with offices in 72 countries.
Wayne is a graduate of the University of West Florida. He is a Certified Outsourcing Professional with the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP). He is ITIL-certified. He is also a member of the Data Center User’s Group and a member of the Help Desk Institute.
In addition to his work at Strativa, Wayne is also a research analyst for Computer Economics, our sister IT research firm, where he authors research reports on IT outsourcing, IT service management (ITSM), and business continuity planning.